Director of Customer Success
The Director of Customer Success role is for someone located in Canada. You’ll start between 8-9am in your time zone. Please only apply if you are located in Canada.
Are you a passionate leader who is looking for an opportunity to grow and develop an amazing team at a rapidly growing tech company? Do you love guiding people through a great product? Are you excited about creating and implementing innovative strategies based on user data and metrics? We’d love to hear from you!
We’re looking for a Director of Customer Success to develop and lead our Customer Success department. In this role, you’ll be responsible for guiding a team of motivated, high performing support specialists, to ensure they are empowering and supporting our clients with the knowledge and best practices they need to grow their business.
As the Director of Customer Success you’ll use user data and other metrics to develop and implement strategies that improve feature adoption, uphold a low touch onboarding and support experience and ultimately make our clients successful. In addition, you will work collaboratively with our product team to adapt and grow our product.
In this role you will need to:
- Inspire, lead, and drive the Customer Success team to meet or exceed goals.
- Provide guidance and direction to your team on client communication strategies, tools and approaches.
- Create and document internal processes to create a scalable infrastructure for our Success team (create a smooth onboarding and support experience that is low touch).
- Handle customer escalations from your team and help to bring them to a successful conclusion or escalate to leadership as needed.
- Drive the success and happiness of our clients by developing and implementing strategies that promote product adoption, best practices and improve retention.
- Support the customer success team activities related to low touch onboarding and technical support initiatives, creation of valuable documentation and video training.
- Build metrics, KPIs, and dashboards that support our mission and report on the results to the leadership team.
- Collaborate/liaise with the product team to grow the product based on common issues/hurdles faced by our clients.
- Consistently monitor and improve the activity of the Customer Success team.
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have 3+ years of experience managing customer accounts in a B2B or B2C environment.
- Have at least 2+ years of experience managing and leading customer-facing teams (ideally in SaaS)
- Demonstrate experience growing and scaling a customer success team of 3+ people.
- Demonstrate a consistent track record of managing high performing teams responsible for customer retention, satisfaction, and upsells
- Be a stand out coach and mentor; You’ve helped develop your team members by building upon their strengths and identifying areas of growth, and you’ve seen the impact of this work in your team’s career progression
- Thrive when given autonomy; you’re self-motivated to deliver results and you’re always looking for what you can make an impact on next
- You can effectively communicate your ideas, balance competing priorities, and ensure decisions are made based on business goals
- Perform well under pressure and be able to handle emergency situations on the fly
- Be empathic to your core and able to step into a customer’s shoes regardless of how angry, frustrated, or disgruntled they may be
- A strong work ethic.
- Energy, passion, humor, compassion, and enthusiasm.
Bonus points if you:
- Have worked in a SaaS business before.
- Are familiar with Hubspot.
- Have experience working remotely.
- Have technical experience or coding skills.
Not only are you joining a great team, but you’re also joining the ground floor of a profitable fast growing startup which puts you in a position to launch your career to the next level. Aside from a competitive salary, and great career development potential, there are a number of other benefits for working with Commerce7.
- Be part of a motivated and passionate team dedicated to empowering our clients with the tools and knowledge needed to succeed.
- We fly all employees in or out to join us at fun filled bi-annual company retreats.
- We are committed to creating a diverse culture and proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and vision.
- We provide our team with the technology and tools you need to succeed in your role.
- Make an impact with your work - you won’t be another cog in the wheel, the work you do will have a significant impact on the success of the business.
- Skip the commute! Work remotely and hit your deadlines from home.
- Free wine! - Enjoy a quarterly wine club shipment, on us.
Commerce7 is a Vancouver based software startup that enables wineries around the world, regardless of size, to succeed by empowering them with the digital tools needed to create customer centric shopping experiences. Wineries use our software to sell through all direct to consumer sales channels including ecommerce, point of sale, reservations, and wine club subscriptions.
Over the past 3 years we’ve grown to serve over 700 wineries across 8 different countries ranging in size from mom and pop operations to multinational enterprises.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.