Terms of Service
Last updated on: July 30, 2021
1. Your Account
- To access and use the Services, you must register for a Commerce7 account (“Account”) by providing your full legal name, the name of the organization you represent (if applicable), phone number, email address, and any other information requested by Commerce7 in the signup process.
- You must be 18 years or older to use the Services.
- If you are creating an Account for an organization (e.g. a company, corporation or society), you represent and warrant that you are authorized by the organization to do so.
- Commerce7 may reject your application for an Account for any reason in its sole discretion.
- You acknowledge that Commerce7 will use the email address you provide as the primary method for communication with respect to your Account.
- You are responsible for keeping the password for your Account secure. Commerce7 will not be liable for any loss or damage resulting from your failure to maintain the security of your Account and password.
2. Use of the Services
- You are responsible for all activity on your Account and all content that is uploaded to your Account, including text, data, graphics, photos, and links (the “Store Content”).
- You retain ownership over all Store Content, however, by making your store public you agree to allow others to view your Store Content. You are responsible for compliance of the Store Content with all applicable laws or regulations.
- You shall ensure that the Store Content does not infringe on the intellectual property rights of third parties.
- You understand that your Store Content (not including credit card information), may be transferred unencrypted and may involve: (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Credit Card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks.
- You shall ensure that your use of your Account and the Services complies with all applicable laws and regulations.
- You shall not use your Account or the Services to sell any product that is prohibited by law.
- You shall ensure that your use of your Account and the Services complies with all applicable laws regarding the sale of alcohol, including restrictions on the sale of alcohol to minors.
- Commerce7 may, but has no obligation to, remove Store Content and Accounts containing content that it determines, in its sole discretion, to be unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.
- You shall not use your Account to transmit worms, viruses, or any code of a malicious or destructive nature.
- You shall not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or exploit any portion of Commerce7’s software or the Services without the express written permission of Commerce7.
- Technical support is only provided to paying Account holders and is only available via email.
3. Intellectual Property
- You hereby grant Commerce7 a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free right and license to use and share all customer data that Commerce7 may obtain through accessing your websites, accessing the websites of your customers, providing the Services, and accessing data from third parties regarding your customers’ use of third party applications or third party web services or other third-party content (including analytics data and any unique account identifiers) for the limited purposes of: (a) providing support services and other services to your customers; (b) improving Commerce7’s software and the Services; (c) performing analyses related to Commerce7’s Software and your customers’ use of Commerce7’s software and the Services; and (d) conducting marketing and/or advertising campaigns. The foregoing license includes the right for Commerce7 to develop and publish insights regarding aggregated data but only when the data has been aggregated or de-identified so that such insights cannot reasonably be used to identify end-users or your customers.
- You hereby grant Commerce7 a non-exclusive right and license to use the names, trademarks, service marks, and logos associated with your store to promote the Services.
- You acknowledge and agree that Commerce7 (or its licensors) own all right, title and interest in and to the Services, including any intellectual property rights in the Services (whether those rights are registered or not, and wherever in the world those rights may exist). Commerce7 (or its licensors) own all right, title and interest in and to any enhancements, modifications, design changes, software updates, and supplements related to the Services, even if paid for by you.
4. Payment Gateways
- You acknowledge and agree that your choice of payment gateways is limited to those offered by Commerce7.
- You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to keep your payment gateway accounts active and to deactivate them if necessary.
5. Limitation of Liability
THE SITE AND ANY CONTENT OBTAINED THEREFROM ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS AND COMMERCE7 EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON- INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL COMMERCE7 OR ANY OF ITS OWNERS, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS BE LIABLE (WHETHER IN AN ACTION ARISING FROM CONTRACT OR TORT) FOR (i) INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF COMMERCE7 HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THIS SITE, OR (ii) ANY DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION PROVIDED TO COMMERCE7 (EVEN IF SUCH DISCLOSURE IS CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF COMMERCE7 ), EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT THAT SUCH IMPROPER DISCLOSURE IS DIRECTLY CAUSED BY THE INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT OR GROSS NEGLIGENCE OF COMMERCE7. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE REMEDIES STATED FOR YOU IN THIS AGREEMENT ARE EXCLUSIVE AND YOU ARE LIMITED TO THOSE EXPRESSLY PROVIDED FOR HEREIN. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, IN NO EVENT SHALL COMMERCE7’S CUMULATIVE LIABILITY UNDER THIS AGREEMENT EXCEED THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU TO COMMERCE7 IN THE THREE (3) MONTH PERIOD PRIOR TO THE DATE OF THE INCIDENT GIVING RISE TO THE LIABILITY.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Commerce7 and its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, contractors, and suppliers from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of these Terms of Service, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
- A breach or violation of the Terms of Service, as determined in the sole discretion of Commerce7, will result in an immediate termination of your Account.
- Commerce7 reserves the right to terminate your Account at any time in its sole discretion.
- You may terminate your Account at any time by emailing email@example.com and then following the specific instructions provided to you by Commerce7’s.
- Upon termination of your Account by either party for any reason: (a) Commerce7 will cease providing you with the Services and you will no longer be able to access your Account; (b) you will not be entitled to any refunds of any fees paid to Commerce7, pro rata or otherwise; and (c) any outstanding balance owed to Commerce7 for your use of the Services through the effective date of such termination will immediately become due and payable in full.
- If at the date of termination of your Account, there are any outstanding fees payable to Commerce7, you will receive one final invoice via email. Once that invoice has been paid in full, you will not be charged again.
7. Changes to Services and Fees
- Commerce7 may change the fees charged for the Services upon 30 days’ notice. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to Commerce7’s website at www.commerce7.com or through the administration menu of your Commerce7 store via an announcement.
- Commerce7 reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Services (or any part thereof) at any time with or without notice.
- Commerce7 shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension, or discontinuance of the Services.
- The Services are offered in the form of different plans each with its own features and fees (“Plans”). You may change your Plan no more than once every six months.
- You shall be solely responsible for and agree to pay, indemnify, and hold Commerce7 harmless from any and all sales, use, communications, excise, or similar tax or duty, and any other tax not based on Commerce7’s net income, including penalties and interest and any associated professional fees, and all other imposts levied upon or chargeable with respect to the use, license, sale, or delivery of the Services or other deliverables in respect of this Agreement, and any costs associated with the collection or withholding of any of the foregoing items.
8. Marketing and Promotions
- You agree to participate in Commerce7’s marketing and promotions, including, for example: (a) assisting Commerce7 in drafting and issuing press releases that identify you as a user of the Services; (b) participating in reference calls with analysts and customers; and (c) participating in surveys or case studies (either written or by video) or other co-marketing activities which may be distributed via Commerce7’s webpage, social media channels, sales presentations, etc.
- You hereby agree that Commerce7 may use your trademarks, brands, and logos (or if you are acting as a representative of your employer, your employer’s trademarks, brands, and logos) in connection with Commerce7’s marketing and promotions, including in Commerce7’s webpage, social media channels, sales presentations, etc.
- These Terms of Service shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia and the laws of Canada applicable therein, without regard to principles of conflicts of laws. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Terms of Service will be dealt with the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of British Columbia.
- The failure of Commerce7 to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- The Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement between you and Commerce7 and govern your use of the Services, superseding any prior agreements between you and Commerce7 (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
- Questions about the Terms of Service may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.